[texbirds] Least Grebes, Fort Clark Springs

  • From: Bryan Calk <bryanrcalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 11:42:11 -0500

While I am stuck in College Station, my mom has been keeping tabs on a pair
of Least Grebes back home at Fort Clark Springs (Kinney County). They have
taken up residence in a rain-created pond next to our house, and seem to be
quite enamored with each other. These are the first I've "seen" at Fort
Clark in 6 years.
A video my mom took this morning of them calling to eachother:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo7TG9dlGIM&feature=youtu.be

In the background, you can hear a couple of the usual suspects:
Yellow-breasted Chat, Bewick's Wren, and Olive Sparrow.

Bryan Calk
Fort Clark Springs/College Station