[texbirds] Leander Longspurs (Local only)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 11:52:00 -0600

this AM and had a large flock of 80-100 longspurs. The ones I could make
out were were McCown's but other species could have been in the mix. I did
not hear them well but those I did hear sounded like "T-tails" too.,,,The
location is around 30.590 X -097.667..This area has been scraped clean,
except for a few areas of broomweed. They were seen off the left side of
Middle Brook, a dead end street. Sidewalks and new roads are in but none of
this shows up on Ebird. It is extremely muddy on the disturbed soils here.
....Nothing else of note this AM ...A single Sprague's, a few Scissortails
etc.
Brush Freeman
Senior Wildlife Biologist/Partner. Bio-Spatial Services Inc, TXESA,
Independent consulting.
www.biospatialservices.com <http://www.biospatialsevices.com>
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621