[texbirds] Last dispatch regarding BBNP

  • From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 15:31:30 -0500

Howdy Texbirders,
I had a singing Colima Warbler along the Pinnacles Trail, before the (for
me) infamous switchbacks to the top of the said trail (approx. 2.4 miles
from the Stone Cottage parking lot).  In that area, I also found Hermit
Warbler and Townsend's Warbler.  On the way up (I started on the trail at
4:30am) I had four singing Mexican Whip-poor-wills.  They quit singing by
6:20 am.  They were along the trail just above Boulder Meadows.  Other
expected species were found along the way.
Good luck to those heading out that way.  BBNP is always birdy, but
especially so at this time of year.
Now the UTC (Upper Texas Coast) beckons, again.
Photos of some of the species seen can be viewed at
flickr.com/photos/olddawgler/
Dennis
West Houston
Harris County