[texbirds] Laredo, Webb County Birding

  • From: <pfoster1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 23:41:39 +0000

I haven't reported in a while, due to, well, you know, Laredo's horrendous
weather conditions in the summer...  Sunday was the first time Raul and I had
birded together in three months since we had both left the state for cooler
climes.  We continued bickering right where we had left off.  We were happy to
see several migrants at North Central Park, but couldn't find a seedeater.  We
had many Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, a tie-dyed Summer Tanager, many Orchard
Orioles, a brilliantly colored Bullock's Oriole, two female Painted Buntings,
an Eastern Wood Peewee and a Philadelphia Vireo.  Lake Casa Blanca was slow but
happy to see that the water was up.  Ranchito Road had very little water in the
pond but several species of wading birds. Can't wait to go back out next
weekend.

Susan Foster
Laredo
Webb County
Monte Mucho Audubon Society Charter Member