[texbirds] Lake Travis (Austin, Travis Co.) Hudsonian Godwits 5/7/13

  • From: Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:20:05 -0700 (PDT)

Late this morning (around 1100-1200), I had 2 Hudsonian Godwits at Lake Travis.
 Initially, they were at the west-most point, but moved to the east-most point.
 There was little else of particular note there.

A brief stop at St. Edwards Park in NW Austin (Travis Co.) turned up a
smattering of migrants, mostly empid flycatchers (lots of calling and singing
leasts, but also what appeared to be a Yellow-bellied and an Alder/Willow) and
Yellow Warblers.  However, I did kick up a Warbling Vireo, singing Northern
Parula, Ovenbird, a 3 Rose-breasted Grosbeaks.

Rich
Richard Kostecke, Ph.D.
The Nature Conservancy
318 Congress Ave., Austin, Texas 78701