[texbirds] Lake Tawakoni Tuesday

  • From: Richard <rdkrsh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 16:40:46 -0400 (EDT)

I birded along the Sabine River below the Lake Tawakoni dam.  Howling winds
meant few birds.  Lake Tawakoni S.P. held many migrants but they were scattered
away from their usual willow trees.   I did get lots of birds and they are
listed below.
Winds howled wind over 20 m.p.h.
Added: Tennessee Warbler, LTSP
Northern Parula on nesting territory
Yellow Warbler LTSP
 Chestnut-sided Warbler LTSP
 Magnolia Warbler   LTSP
 Black-throated Green Warbler  LTSP
 Blackburnian Warbler LTSP
 Yellow-throated Warbler on nesting terriorty
 Black-and-White Warbler migrant LTSP and on nest territory
American Redstart, LTSP
 Prothonotary Warbler on nesting territory,
 Ovenbird, LTSP
 Louisiana Waterthrush on nesting territory
  Kentucky Warbler 2 on nesting territory,
 Wilson's Warbler  LTSP
Common Yellowthroat  LTSP
also had 1 Swainson's Thrush LTSP a possible Gray-cheeked Thrush not seen well
enough to id LTSP.
Eastern Wood Pewee  migrant LTSP and on nesting territory
several Least Flycatchers LTSP
and Gray Catbird LTSP

Richard Kinney
Near Lake Tawakoni, TX