[texbirds] Lake Tawakoni S.P. Wednesday-15 species of Warbler

  • From: Richard <rdkrsh@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 17:06:11 -0400 (EDT)

Mike Pease, Ron Baltzegar and I birded Lake Tawakoni today.  Once again we hit
a wave of feeding warblers and vireos.  We also had an adult Bald Eagle on
Rains Co side below the dam carrying a fish toward wood below the dam.   it had
to be toward a nest. I had Osprey yestwerday soaring toward lake a migrant i
suppose.
Eastern Wood-Pewee 1-2
Least Flycatcher 10+
Eastern Kingbird dozens
Blue-headed Vireo 1-2
Red-eyed Vireo 2
Warbling Vireo 6
Bank Swallow 1
CAVE SWALLOW 28 unreal all in Rains Co.
Swainson's Thrush 2
Gray Catbird 2
Tennesee Warbler 10?
Nashville Warbler 4
Northern Parula 2
Yellow Warbler dozens
Chesnut-sided Warbler 6+
Magnolia Warbler 2-3
Black-throated Green Warbler 3
Black-and-White Warbler 1
American Redstart 4+
Prothontary Warbler 3
Louisiana Waterthrush 1
Prothontary Warbler 3
Kentucky Warbler 1
Wilson's Warbler 6
Common Yellowthroat 6
Orchard Oriole 24
Baltimore Oriole 12
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 1 FOS

a good collection of birds but still way below normal.  The average at Lake
Tawakoni is 27 species but we have just 23 this spring.
Richard Kinney
Lake Tawakoni TX