[texbirds] Lajitas hummingbirds 1/8

  • From: Kelly Bryan <kelly.b.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:42:36 -0600

Hummingbirds were swarming at Lajitas today with 40+ birds present.  We
banded and/or observed the following:
Blue-throated - 1 male (present since Dec 17)
Anna's - 20 (ASY M - 3, SY M - 3, AHY F - 14) observed 30+ but ran out of
ANHU bands and had to quit catching at that point
Rufous - 4 (all females) observed at least a couple of birds that did not
get caught
Broad-billed - 1 female (present since Jan 1)

We be back down there on Friday to finish sampling at Far Flung and another
location.  Will return to Lajitas next week, probably on Tuesday, to
resample and check for turnover in the Anna's population.  KBB

--
Kelly B Bryan
Fort Davis, Texas

To follow the progress of my hummingbird project go to:
http://westtexashummingbirds.com/
To support this project, other bird projects and our educational outreach
in west Texas go to:  http://www.westtexasavianresearch.org/