[texbirds] Laguna Gloria -- Sunday 9th

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 10:50:31 -0600

A mild, foggy morning gave way to pleasant birding. Yellow-rumped Warblers
were everywhere, and Ring-billed Gulls were flocking all morning. The
Barred Owl has taken up a predictable spot, the Osprey flew by, and the
Mute Swans put in an appearance. I was joined part way through by
Robin Doughty.
We had three Northern Flickers, and he showed me the American Woodcock.
Notable misses were Great Blue Heron, Swamp and Lincoln's Sparrows, Common
Yellowthroat, Red-winged Blackbird, and Hermit Thrush. Also seen were two
black domestic waterfowl making quite a racket.

Elliott M. Gordon
Austin, TX