[texbirds] Lafitte's Cove

  • From: "Michael Lindsey" <m_lndsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TexBirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:06:13 -0500

Needless to say the birdwatching these last few days has been awesome.
Birds normally seen high up in the trees were hopping around on the ground
in mass is a sight to see.

I've been catching up on processing my images, so I thought I would post a
link below.

A highlight and lowlight today was a tanager and a vireo being caught and
eaten by a cottonmouth at the drip. Watch other birds get snapped at and
escape.  I capture some images of the demise of the vireo and posted them.

Also, while working this morning, I came across a dead male Indigo Bunting
that had struck a window. So small and so beautiful.

http://www.pbase.com/mlndsy/inbox

Good birding to all,

Michael Lindsey

Pearland