[texbirds] Laffites Cove Galveston

  • From: "Silvers, Dean" <Dean.Silvers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 15:56:37 +0000

Looks like I am the only Birder at Laffites Cove this morning. So far I have
seen two cooperative Blue Winged Warblers and two Black & Whites in the oak
trees across from the first drip. Also a White Eyed Vireo and three Eastern
Kingbirds. Some Mosquitos but not too bad. Dean Silvers, Jamaica Beach, Texas

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 6, 2015, at 9:26 AM, Jamie <j.c.fairchild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jane,I'm sorry that I don't have an= y photos to add to your
presentation, but the subject of your presentation = intrigues me! I am a TX
Master Naturalist in Fort Bend County, and I do ed= ucation programs, too. I
love your concept, and because the Cardinal is so= beloved, I think it will
really spark enthusiasm in the public. I have an= even bigger request than
yours.... would you be willing to share your pres= entation for others to
usein education? :D ? I would certainly give you = credit.
Jamie Fairchild
Date: = Sat, 5 Sep 2015 09:34:06 -0500 Subject: [texbirds] Looking for
Cardinal Photos and Stories From: Jane F Tillman <jtillman@xxxxxxxxxx> Hi, I
am working on a talk about bird gardening for the general public - A
Cardinal's Guide to Gardening (since they are so popular)- and while I have
photos of cardinals eating berries,suet and sunflower seeds, I don't have
anyphotos of them eating insects/spiders, grass seeds, etc. If you are
willing to share, I would really appreciate it. Also, what
trees,shrubs,vinesor other spots have your cardinals used for nesting? The
most recent report from a friend here in Austin (who has many native nesting
shrubs that their cardinals have used in the past) is that they built a nest
in the cage around their tube feeder. The friends left town soon after so
don't know if it was a successful nest. I have seen active nests in Mountain
Laurels and Yaupons. For Fun -Birds Of North America Online indicates 29% of
a cardinal's diet is animal, and they feed nestlings mostly animal, which
includes an amazing diversity of larvae,centipedes, snails, slugs,etc. Our
sunflower seeds don't contain carotenoids, so fall fruits and insects make a
difference to the intensity of the cardinal's red and subsequent sex appeal.
An interesting factoid: one male cardinal's stomach even contained a part of
a field mouse according to June Osborne's book, The Cardinal. Texbirders are
a generous bunch and I appreciate your help. Thank you. Jane Tillman Austin

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.freelists.org_list_texbirds&d=BQIDaQ&c=fRbW961XixvxT7nLFWkB5Kj5CVFdVwAwUSjq6RxYiSM&r=cJXjBp-CHird9EH6MZ3q3sUoa-AFQ3ovrzKOP82wbBY&m=nna9kmHbzD05THL58x0wISvBUcmAc2AOVv4StPcVS2A&s=nKuquhDbPAcEJVgQXPdqVzb8-vUDltIe6GaauhE_DM8&e=

NOTICE BY Parker Drilling Company

This message, as well as any attached document, contains information from
Parker Drilling Company that is confidential and/or privileged. The information
is intended only for the use of the addressee named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on
the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited, and may
be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please delete all
electronic copies of this message and its attachments, if any, destroy any hard
copies you may have created, without disclosing the contents, and notify the
sender immediately.

Unless expressly stated otherwise, nothing contained in this message should be
construed as a digital or electronic signature, nor is it intended to reflect
an intention to make an agreement by electronic means.