[texbirds] Lackland AFB training annex birds

  • From: Nathaniel Nye <nathaniel.nye@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 21:09:49 -0500

Hello,
I was driving out at the Lackland AFB Training Annex (aka Medina) this
morning. There is a lot of good undisturbed habitat out there,
unfortunately a lot of it is closed, even to us military folks, for EOD and
other training purposes. This isn't the first time I've driven through
there and seen some good birds from the road, though! A group (family?) of
Eastern Bluebirds was unexpected for me, my first in San Antonio...but I
have only lived here 6 weeks, coming from Maryland (DC area).  Seems too
arid here for E. Bluebirds.

Anyway below is my ebird list from the morning.

Good birding,
Nate Nye
San Antonio, TX

Observer: NateNye
2014-09-25 08:45
San Antonio, Patrol Road
Protocol: Incidental
Observers: 1
All birds reported? Yes
    8    Black Vulture
    10    Turkey Vulture
    1    Eurasian Collared-Dove
    1    Inca Dove
    2    White-winged Dove
    8    Mourning Dove
    1    Golden-fronted Woodpecker
    1    Crested Caracara
    4    Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
    1    Loggerhead Shrike
    6    Eastern Bluebird
    5    Northern Mockingbird
    15    European Starling
    6    House Finch
    2    Lesser Goldfinch
    2    House Sparrow

This report was created and sent using BirdsEye BirdLog (
http://birdseyebirding.com/)