[texbirds] La Sal Vieja CBC - Friday, December 20, 2013 (Reminder)

  • From: Jd Cortez <jorgedcortez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:43:02 -0800 (PST)

Hello Birders!
This Friday, December 20, 2013 is the La Sal Vieja CBC. So far the participant
turn out has not been that great so I am sending out an additional reminder to
maybe spark some more interest.

The La Sal Vieja CBC is located in the salt lakes area in northeastern Hidalgo
County and southwestern Willacy County in the Rio Grande Valley. The area is a
wonderful place to bird! The count normally averages about 165 species. The
count circle has large areas of USFWS tracts which are hard to access by the
public.

To participate please contact J.D. Cortez via jorgedcortez@xxxxxxxxx or
956.463.6729 to register. All participants must pre-register.

Meet at the intersection of FM88 and FM186 at 6:30 am for assignments. Bring
your sack lunch, and if you wish meet at 12:00 noon at Delta Lake County Park.
A countdown dinner will be held (Alameda Mexican restaurant) in Elsa around
5:30 pm. Unfortunately, we do not have a sponsor for the countdown dinner this
year, so bring your wallet.

Thank you,
J.D. Cortez
Pharr, TX