[texbirds] La Porte and Pearland Birds

  • From: Mira M Pellerin <mirampellerin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 08:42:49 -0500 (EST)

While helping a friend work on his airplane yesterday at the La Porte Airport,
I heard and saw a Sprague's Pipit fly overhead.  Previously, I had heard and
seen American Pipits there,  Western Meadowlark (heard singing), and both male
and female No. Harriers.

At 7 AM this morning, while retrieving the newspaper, I heard two Red-breasted
Nuthatches calling from the neighbor's trees across the street.  Since it was
dark and overcast, and raining, I did not try to find the birds with binoculars.

The local GH Owls that have been exchanging rather lusty calls since October
have finally fallen silent, so I guess the female is on a nest; hope I can find
it.  The previous nest tree was cut down by the pipeline company, even though
it was in one of my neighbor's front yard.

Mira M. Pellerin