[texbirds] LLELA (Lake Lewisville Environmental Learning Area)

  • From: "Keith Lockhart" <keithlockhart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 20:59:11 -0500

This morning I observed Ring-necked Duck, Ruddy Duck, American Wigeon,
Northern Shoveler, White Pelican, Northern Flicker (Red-shafted), Savannah
Sparrow, Song Sparrow, and Yellow-rumped Warbler.   Over Lewisville Lake
were an estimated 2000 Ring-billed Gulls, 300 Double-crested Cormorants, and
about 100 Franklin Gulls.
Friday at the LLELA banding station banded birds included Winter Wren,
Lincoln Sparrow, White-throated Sparrow, Hermit Thrush, and Dark-eyed Junco.
I later observed a Sharp-shinned Hawk.  The wintering birds are definitely
moving in.

Keith Lockhart

Highland Village, TX