[texbirds] LCRA agrees to sell Lometa Reservoir <- the details $$$ 1 Birds & people 0

  • From: Monte <monte.phillips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 08:59:50 -0500

http://www.lampasasdispatchrecord.com/news/2013-08-09/Front_Page/LCRA_agrees_to_sell_local_water_system.html

LCRA agrees to sell local water system
By CHERI JAY-WIENECKE
Special Correspondent
After countless hours of deliberation and multiple mediation meetings,
it appears the city of Lometa has reached an agreement over the Lower
Colorado River Authority’s sale of the municipality’s water system to
Corix Utilities Inc.

On Monday, the Lometa City Council approved a “term sheet” on Corix’s
purchase of the Lometa water and wastewater system from LCRA. The
council subsequently approved a memorandum of agreement with Corix
regarding the purchase and operation of the utility.

City attorney Barney Knight explained that the deal presented to the
council is virtually identical to an agreement presented to the group in
April. One change, however, did concern council members.

“When they complete this deal and Corix takes ownership, the LCRA plans
to close the park at Santa Fe Lake,” Knight said. “I don’t think we can
get that back on the [negotiating] table to change that.”

---------------------------------
..like it or not we have to admit that our fellow Texans are a bunch of
short-sighted money grubbing males of the donkey persuasion.

However to get some good bird news in There was a small 'fallout'from
this cold front on Galveston. Unfortunately for thiose of us who bird on
the weekends this 'fallout'occurred/ing early Monday morning. Parulas.
Hooded, BT Greens, B&W's all reported around Lafittes, and Jamaica Beach.

--
Monte
Work consists of whatever a body is obliged to do. Play consists of whatever a