[texbirds] Re: Kleberg Co 6-9-12-addendum

  • From: Jim Sinclair <jim.sinclair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ibratz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 08:34:43 -0500

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Sonny & Iris Bratz <ibratz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

One other note, I was surprised to find the "beach" road to Drum Point
completely barricaded and marked NO TRESPASSING .  Maybe others knew about
this but it was a shock and disappointment to me.

The owners had granted the county long term access under a lease agreement
that required the county to keep trash picked up and to minimize any damage
to the property.  The county has been in violation of the lease agreement
for some time.  Not only has the place had trash for long periods of time,
there were even some incidents of owner's livestock being killed.

The owners finally decided to terminate the lease for cause.

Of course, the county, in their infinite wisdom is trying to force it back
open - not trying to address the problems of the county regularly violating
the lease agreement.

--
Jim Sinclair (TX-ESA)
TOS Life Member

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein