[texbirds] Kite migration and other panhandle birds

  • From: Cameron Carver <c.o.carver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 14:44:13 -0500

Greetings,

I had the opportunity to be on private land in Lipscomb county today that ran
along Wolf Creek. Upland Sandpipers have been passing over all week and I had a
couple this morning. Quite a few Northern Bobwhite running around with small
ones. Hairy, Red-bellied and Red-headed Woodpeckers. A real ratty Bewick's
Wren. Field, Cassin's, Grasshopper and Lark Sparrows singing. Nothing really
notable, just an area that nobody ever hears about.

When I got back to Canadian I had 56 Mississippi Kites heading south over town.
A video can be found on the Texbirds Facebook page.

Cameron Carver
Lubbock, TX

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at