[texbirds] Kinki Koi (local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 16:10:39 -0600

Talking with a neighbor I just found out about this...Kinki and I were best
of buds for well over a decade before he just seemed to disappear.  I know
a number of you will remember him well.  He was well known locally as a
great birder that knew almost nothing about birds in the beginning  to a
very astute birder within just a couple of years.  He also help Richard
Obermiller collect tower killed birds at the Balcones Research Center (ARL)
now called J. J. Pickle research center in Austin during migration....Many
have asked what became of him and I had no answers.   He was a skilled
machinist, mechanic and nature lover in Bastrop Co.   I had wished to
re-connect but did not know how...We spent many hundreds if not thousands
of hours together at one time.  I am sad I did not have the chance to
re-connect with him before his passing.
http://archive.bastropadvertiser.com/2013/04/02/zoltan-f-kinki-koi/

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell