[texbirds] Kentucky Warbler in SA

  • From: Patty Leslie Pasztor <pasztor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SATXbirds <SATXbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 22:47:57 -0500

Hello all,

Had a Kentucky Warbler visit our bird bath yesterday at 7:00 PM.  That's
certainly a new one for our yard!  I left early this morning, but Greg spotted
it at 8:00 AM before he left.  I saw it again this evening walking on the
ground/in the undergrowth...and then it began hopping up towards Hackberry
saplings that were about 1 1/2 to 2 feet tall.  Quite comical!  Although I
couldn't quite see, I assume it was foraging for insects on the leaves.  Learn
something new every day!  Happy this beauty is hanging out for a couple of
days.

Patty Leslie Pasztor
San Antonio, TX