[texbirds] July 11th Pelagic

  • From: Bryce Hardway <brycehardway21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 20:28:46 -0500

Hello all!

Just got back from the pelagic, and wow! What a day. 6 life birds including my
ABA 400! Band-rumpled Storm Petrel! Nothing extraordinarily rare but did have a
Leach's Storm Petrel and massive numbers of Audubon's Shearwater and Sooty
Term. My personal favorite of the day was the first pelagic species we had:
Cory's Shearwater. What a majestic bird! (Good spot, Kelly!)

In total, we had 7 pelagic species.

Band-rumped Storm Petrel
Leach's Storm Petrel
Cory's Shearwater
Audubon's Shearwater
Sooty Tern
Bridled Tern
3 Masked Boobies

All in all, 6 total lifers on the day (all but the Boobies) Such a fun day with
many great people. Thanks again to Gary Hodne and the rest of the trip leaders.
We'll be back next year!

Good birding,

Bryce Hardway
Lago Vista, TX

Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at