[texbirds] Jacana at Choke Canyon SP - 12/1

  • From: Chuck Sexton <gcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds Posting Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 23:03:37 -0600

TexBirders,

I arrived late on Tuesday, Dec. 1, but it only took about 10 minutes of scoping
to find the immature N. Jacana out foraging on the flooded grass at 75 Acre
Lake. I got passable digiscoped pics of the bird with 20X scope and iPhone.
The incoming roosting flocks of 80+ Fulvous Whistling Ducks were also very
enjoyable. I had an unexpected flock of Dark-eyed Juncos (mixed with Chipping
Sparrows) in mesquite woods along the park entrance road just N of the office.
I had heard-only Snow Geese and Sandhill Crane flyovers.

Chuck Sexton
Austin, TXEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at