[texbirds] Inland Seaside Sparrow

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:20:51 -0500

Rick Wright got my curiosity up as he is seeking subspecies info on Texas'
only Seaside Sparrow inland record. I can not come up with any info other
than what is in the Handbook and don't know which subspecies it is It was
photographed (TPRF 84) on Dec. 14, 1974 near Waco. Given the complexities
of Seaside Sparrow seasonal color phases, especially when complicated by
molt, I am pretty sure I would have a hard time with it. Is this photo
available? Dr. Arnold?
Brush Freeman
Senior Wildlife Biologist/Partner. Bio-Spatial Services Inc, TXESA,
Independent consulting.
www.biospatialsevices.com
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621