[texbirds] Iceland Gull at San Luis Pass and Glaucaus Gull at Texes City Dike 4/17/14

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:34:58 -0400 (EDT)

I ran into Ron Weeks at San Luis Pass and he pointed out the proposed
Iceland Gull sitting by itself. The bird was still at the very tip of the Sand
Spit that is just to the right of the toll bridge all the way down by the
water  at the pass. The bird had been closer in but flew down a little over a
45  minutes time period. Scott Buckle came and saw it and then we ran to
check out  the rumored Glaucus Gull at the Texas City Dike. We found it sitting
right at  dark right where the shell spit runs out away from the dike right
by the base.  No luck on the Thayers at SLP.

The Black Scoter is from the North Getty last Monday the 14th.

http://smu.gs/1jaW7yB

The light was horrible by the way!

David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area