[texbirds] ID help please

  • From: Robert White <glqman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 11:51:21 -0700 (PDT)

At lunchtime I went for a walk behind my office in NW Harris
County.   Thanks to reading this forum I
learned a few years ago to abbreviate my sightings, but I don’t know all the
official
ABA  designations.  I can tell, though, that if I wrote down either
RBWO or RBWP I saw a Red Bellied Woodpecker.  No one else needs to know about
my ignorance.  I’ve even started saying to myself “There’s a
NOCA” or whatever.
Here’s my dilemma.  I
am entering my list into e-bird and I came to BASW.  Can someone tell me if I
saw a Barn Swallow
or a Bank Swallow?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Bob White