[texbirds] I hope I am not singular in this...

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:39:35 -0600

.
...but I have been out many a morning and have observed a near complete
lack of sapsuckers in Central Texas this winter...I think I have seen less
than 10 despite applying a lot of heavy duty screech owl tape which usually
pulls them in easy.  ??   Also Brown Creepers.  Maybe the sapsuckers are
all in the Trans Pecos or just never got down this far....Or over shot and
are in Mexico.   The lack is just so very noticeable this year.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/