[texbirds] Hybrid (?) Herring x Glaucous Gull (?) at Quintana yesterday

  • From: MBB22222@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 20:24:40 -0500 (EST)

Have one more seagull if somebody wants to take a look. After short
consultation with knowledgeable people perhaps Herring x Glaucous Gull might
make
sense. The fact that another Glaucous was present might suggest that these
gulls came together. Photo taken yesterday at Quintana:

_http://www.pbase.com/image/148609527_
(http://www.pbase.com/image/148609527)

I should take more photos but terns kept me busy, well ... priorities.
Please no comments on fish - seagull found it tasty and kept taking and eating
soft, juicy parts.

Mark B Bartosik
Houston, Texas
_http://www.pbase.com/mbb/from_the_field_