[texbirds] Hummingbirds and Eastern Bluebirds

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 14:12:14 -0400 (EDT)

Starting yesterday morning 9/14 there were about 20 Ruby-throated
Hummingbirds here and by late yesterday afternoon that number was up to 30-35.
This
morning by 10:30 there were probably 45 out there a substantial increase
from yesterday.

About 6:30 yesterday 9/14 I went out to feed the Eastern Bluebirds. We have
 been feeding 12 (10 Juveniles and 2 adults) meal worms. Jan had told me
the  afternoon before there were even more out there and I didn't think much
about  it. When I rang the dinner bell Eastern Bluebirds came from all over
the place.  There were 17 of them. I counted them multiple times to be sure.
It was to  overcast for pictures.

David  Hanson
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area
Chambers County