[texbirds] Hummers and others still in Russ Pitman Park

  • From: birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "tex birds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 19:39:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the male Calliope is still being seen
intermittently at the Nature Discovery Center in Russ Pitman Park along with at
least 4 Rufous Hummers. The more aggressive Rufous chase him off the feeders
and shrimp plant when they notice him though.

The little mixed flock of one male Wilson's, Orange-crowned, Pine, and
Yellow-rumped warblers, both kinglets, Red-breasted Nuthatches and others is
still usually in the park ach day as well as the resident birds.

Birds seen in the park today:

White-winged Doves - 35+
Calliope Hummingbird - 1 ad m
Rufous Hummingbirds - 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker - 2
Downey Woodpecker - 2
Blue Jays - 4
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 2
American Robins - 50
N. Mockingbird - 1
Cedar Waxwings - ab 30
Orange-crowned Warbler - 2-3
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 1
Pine Warbler - 1f
Wilson's Warbler - 1m
N. Cardinals - 1
Red-winged Blackbirds - 10-15
Common Grackle
American Godlfinch
House Sparrows

The Nature Discovery Center and Russ Pitman Park are located at 7112 Newcastle
between Bellaire Blvd and Evergreen St just inside Loop 610 in Bellaire TX.

Mary Ann Beauchemin
Senior Naturalist
Nature Discovery Center
mbeauch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
713-667-6550 (phone)
713-667-7654 (fax)

For more information about the Nature Discovery Center, our programs and how
you can support our work, visit www.naturediscoverycenter.org