[texbirds] Re: Houston Hummingbirds

  • From: "Bron Rorex" <bron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, <passerinaciris12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 09:48:29 -0500

In Rockport Allen's are not surprisingly found beginning end of August/early
September thru February.  Once we began banding winter Selasphorus hummers
here (over 10 years ago), we learned there were more Allen's than previously
known.  However Rufous remain the predominant Selasphorus here during our
winter months.

Bron Rorex
Rockport