[texbirds] Houston Greater Pewee

  • From: James Hinson <jmhinson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 06:26:50 -0800 (PST)

Texbirders

Thought I'd do a follow up on the Bear Creek Park Greater Pewee, and describe
my 2 cents on where one might be able to find it. Looking back last year, it,
(if it is the same bird, which I think it is) after settling in for the winter,
liked to move around a bit, and was seen all over the areas near Restroom #9,
Restroom #10 and Restroom #12. When it was found yesterday, it was about 100
yds. south of Restroom #12, but then flew across the road to the area between
Restroom #10 and Restroom #9, moving just like it did last year. It was quite
vocal yesterday as well, so that will help some finding it.

I won't be able to give regular updates like I did last year because of
scheduling conflicts, so if anyone finds it, an update to the list would
probably be appreciated by all. And oh yeah, I almost forgot, if anyone finds
any creepers in the Pewee area, an update on them would be appreciated as well.

Jim Hinson

In his apartment
2 mi. from Bear Creek Park
17 mi. from downtown Houston