[texbirds] Houston Exotics Success & RFI

  • From: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 13:05:30 -0500

I photographed Collared-Doves at Archbishop Fiorenza Park this morning.  Is
anyone able to separate out Eurasian from African?  There were 5 Monk
Parakeets there also.
I am at Franco Lee Park; are the Waxbills in the ditch near the short
boardwalk or elsewhere?

I photographed a gorgeous Red-vented Bulbul in north Houston at a fruiting
tree, 409 Aurora Street.

Any Orange Bishop flocks around?  Arthur Storey park is pretty big, not
sure where to look there.

Off to San Jacinto Monument to try my new Celestron 100mm scope out on the
Surf Scoter.

Graham Floyd,
San Antonio, TX
Currently en route to San Jacinto Monument, Harris County