[texbirds] Houston Audubon Event Thursday January 23 - Birds-of-Paradise

  • From: Mary Anne Weber <maweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:00:07 +0000

Please join Houston Audubon next Thursday the 23rd for a special "Evening with
the Birds-of-Paradise".
Ed Scholes from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology will be in Houston to present on
his ground breaking research on the birds-of-paradise.

In the words of David Attenborough "Everyone likes birds. What wild creature is
more accessible to our eyes and ears, as close to us and everyone in the world,
as universal as a bird?" and so it was through the eyes and camera lens of
David Attenborough that Ed Scholes discovered the birds known to many as the
most spectacular and unusual birds on the planet earth.

The event is being held at the SOSA Community Center off of I-10 and Wirt Road.
Seating is limited and doors open at 6PM

More information can be found here:
http://www.houstonaudubon.org/default.aspx?act=Newsletter.aspx&category=News&newsletterid!39&menugroup=Reference

Thanks
Mary Anne Weber