[texbirds] Hornsby Bend & ibis update

  • From: Mary Ann Melton <mammelton50@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 23:38:57 -0500

I went back to Hornsby Bend after hearing from two Texbird members.  While the
ibis family I saw yesterday has no white around the eye or face like the white
face ibis I saw last summer, my photos today seem to indicate that their eyes
are red - so I think my id yesterday was incorrect as glossy and should be
changed to white-faced.  There is a nice family foraging in the tall grass at
the end of the pond - at least 8.  There was also a juvenile white ibis
foraging nearby.

The highlight for today was a sora that I at least got a couple of photos
before it disappeared back in the tall grass.

Mary Ann Melton
Hutto Texas

Mary Ann's View Nature Photography Website
http://www.maryannmelton.net

Mary Ann's Blog
http://maryannmelton.blogspot.com/