[texbirds] Highlights, including Purple Martins, from Lubbock yesterday

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 18:22:38 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:
I spent a fair chunk of yesterday morning (Saturday, 22 June 2013) exploring
Lake Six and the area downstream.

Highlights from Lake Six: 12 Canada Geese, 1 Eared Grebe, 1 Snowy Egret, 3
Common Gallinules, 2 Purple Martins, 3 Northern Rough-winged Swallows, and 1
male Bronzed Cowbird.

I walked the river all the way downstream to Loop 289.  Highlights from below
Lake Six included 3 Snowy Egrets, 2 Yellow-crowned Night Herons, 1 Belted
Kingfisher, 1 Purple Martin, 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, 1 Common Yellowthroat, 4
Yellow-breasted Chats, and 1 female/3 male Bronzed Cowbirds.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock