[texbirds] Highlights from Clapp Park yesterday

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 11:15:22 -0500

Greetings All:
After a night of decent rains (over half an inch) and good winds from the
south, I figured the migrants might finally be kicking - and spent a couple
of hours at Clapp Park in the early evening.

The highlight was a Blue-headed or Cassin's Vireo (well seen and well
photographed by Alan Livingston and myself - and still not particularly
assignable to species). If anybody wants to try I will send the three
shots that look most Cassin's and the three shots that look most Bue-headed
along.

Other highlights were 2 American Wigeons, 2 Blue-winged Teals, 1 Cinnamon
Teal, 1 Northern Shoveler, 8 Green-winged Teals, 1 Green Heron, 1
Yellow-crowned Night Heron, 2 Hermit Thrushes, 1 Gray Catbird, 1 Brown
Thrasher, 1 male Common Yellowthroat, 1 Yellow-rumped Warbler, 3 Wilson's
Warblers, 2 Song Sparrows, and 1 Lincoln's Sparrow.

Not as good as hoped for but the vireo was interesting and it was nice to -
finally - have some thrushes on site.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock