[texbirds] Highlights from Clapp Park today

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 19:13:15 -0500

Greetings All:
After the heavy rains of the last couple of days, I couldn't wait to get
out to Clapp Park.

The bad news: now the water is too dang high for most shorebirds:(

The good news: it will probably dry down nicely:)

Highlights for the 1.5 hour visit: 1 Green Heron, 2 Yellow-crowned Night
Herons, 1 Red-shouldered Hawk, 2 American Avocets, 1 Common Poorwill, 2
Purple Martins, 1 Northern Rough-winged Swallow, 1 Hermit Thrush, 1
Orange-crowned Warbler, 1 Yellow Warbler, 1 CASSIN'S SPARROW (possibly the
first I've seen here?), 1 Chipping Sparrow, and 1 female Bronzed Cowbird.

Additions to the site list for the year: Green Heron, American Avocet,
Cassin's Sparrow, Black-chinned Hummingbird, Yellow Warbler, Common
Poorwill, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, Red-shouldered Hawk, and Chipping
Sparrow - bringing the site list up to 102 species of bird for 2015.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock