[texbirds] Hidalgo County- Tropical Parula and Rose-throated Becard + Black-throated Grays

  • From: Tiffany Kersten <tiffanykersten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 16:30:02 -0600

The Tropical Parula was present at UTPA in Edinburg around noon today,
loosely associated with a flock of mainly titmice and kinglets, nearish the
learning center (when I saw it, it was in a tree right across the walk from
a bench with "Gamer's Club" written on it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiffkersten/10913864254/

Additionally, there were TWO female black-throated gray warblers around the
same area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiffkersten/10913766316/in/photostream/

The Rose-throated Becard at Santa Ana NWR in Alamo continues. I found it
around 9:45 am in the large granjeno tree (the tree loaded with orange
berries) near the feeding station/picnic area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiffkersten/10914032813/in/photostream/

--
Tiffany L. Kersten