[texbirds] Henslow's Sparrow south of Lake O' the Pines today

  • From: peter barnes <pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 16:08:48 -0600

Doug Ghrist, Ross Rickett and I relocated a Henslow's Sparrow, originally
found by David and Luanne Brotherton a few weeks ago, in a field on Oney
Rd, off FM 450 north of Harleton, in Harrison County and just south of Lake
O' the Pines.  Doug and I both got photos. The same field had LeConte's,
Vesper, Savannah, Chipping and Song Sparrows. You can contact me for more
detailed directions if you plan to try for the bird.
Lake O' the Pines itself was very cold, with no unexpected ducks or loons
at Lakeside Park or Cedar Springs Park.

Peter Barnes
Tyler