[texbirds] Henderson County 3/16

  • From: Caleb Frome <birder4lifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 18:17:15 -0700 (PDT)

I and some other birders from Dallas and Tyler met in Henderson County today to
see how many species we could find - some of us hoping to add it to our Century
Club lists.  We ended up with over 80 for the day, bringing me up to 95 overall
:P
Highlights were singing male Yellow-throated Warblers and Yellow-throated
Vireos, some Anhingas, a Greater Scaup and a Common Goldeneye (all on private
property) as well as several American Golden-Plovers and Black-bellied
Whistling-Ducks on CR 1201.  Spring is approaching fast!
Good birding,

Caleb Frome
TX Century Club Member
Richardson - NE Dallas