[texbirds] Help with Charlie's Pasture in Port Aransas

  • From: Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2015 00:02:13 -0500

Hi All,
I am in Port Aransas for the day (Sept 4th) and have heard great things
about Charlie's Pasture, but I am uncertain about where to go. One website
states that there are two entrances: one at the end of Port Street and one
off State Hwy 361 near Mustang Beach Airport. I am primarily interested in
shorebirds, herons, egrets, spoonbills, etc. Can anyone tell me the best
place to go at Charlie's Pasture to see shorebirds and which entrance to
use?

Are there any other really good locations for shorebirds?

Sorry for the late request, but the detour to Port Aransas was a last
minute decision!

Thanks for any help,
Jennifer

--