[texbirds] Hazel Bazemore Park, Corpus Christi

  • From: "Judy Kestner" <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds posts" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 17:34:53 -0500

Susan Foster and I went to Refugio and Bayside today -- hot, hot, hot.  We had
probably fewer than 20 species in an hour and a half.
I checked in at Hazel Bazemore and Mike Clifford said they had approximately
zero raptors counted in two hours.

Continuing down the hill, my favorite hackberry had a Least Flycatcher, two
Yellow Warblers (very pretty chip note they have - all liquidy and pleasant on
the ear) and a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.  On the western pond I found a Solitary
Sandpiper - maybe it will stay for the shorebird Weekender!

Judy Kestner
Calallen (NW Corpus Christi)