[texbirds] Hazel Bazemore Hawkwatch...

  • From: Dane Ferrell <daneferrell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: this is new Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 08:39:26 -0400

Up to date numbers for the 2012 Corpus Christi Hawkwatch at Hazel Bazemore
County Park:

Through 09/07:

Mississippi Kites = 20,125

Swallow-tailed Kites = 88

White-tailed Kites = 1

Broad-winged Hawks = 105

Swainson's Hawks = 9

White-tailed Hawks = 2

Bald Eagles = 1

Ospreys = 19

Cooper's Hawks = 7

Sharp-shinned Hawks = 3

Northern Harriers = 12

Turkey Vultures = 4

Crested Caracaras = 1

American Kestrels = 12

Peregrine Falcons = 9

Prairie Falcons = 1

Unidentified Raptors = 14

Total = 20,413

Notes: Prairie Falcon and White-tailed Kite both observed on 09/06... 8382
Mississippi Kites counted on 08/28...27 Swallow-tailed Kites counted on
08/18...Bald Eagle observed on 08/28...1 adult Swallow-tailed Kite spotted on
09/07...

Our overall species list since 08/15(for Hazel Bazemore County Park)stands at
100 species...

We are thrilled to announce that renowned Raptor expert and author William S.
Clark will be the featured speaker for the 2012 Celebration of Flight, which
occurrs during the last weekend in September. Amazingly, admission is free. For
scheduling details, please visit ccbirding.com. See you at the Hawkwatch...

Dane Ferrell
Corpus Christi Hawkwatch
Hazel Bazemore County Park
Corpus Christi, TX