[texbirds] Re: Harris's Sparrow, Brewster Co

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 16:26:00 -0500

Well, that was strange: there's a Harris's Sparrow today that doesn't
match my sketch from Sunday. So we either have two birds or it molted
into breeding plumage almost overnight! I'll stick with the two bird
theory, though I'd like to see both side by side just to say I saw two
Harris's Sparrows side by side in Brewster Co...

Less-than-photogenic images here:
http://www.bigbendnature.com/2014/03/sketchy-winter-sparrows.html

-h

Heidi Trudell