[texbirds] Harris County Purple Sandpiper

  • From: J B <renreb1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 17:56:18 -0800 (PST)

Drew Dickert and I had a Purple Sandpiper on a 5' by 5' shell-encusted man-made
rock about 60 yards offshore of Evergreen Rd in Baytown at 9:30 A.M.
I called someone to post to Texbirds on my behalf at 9:40AM but I don't see any
resulting post on Texbirds. It did get posted to the Audubon rare bird alert
and we made a few calls. A number of people showed up, but as far as i know the
bird was not refound the rest of the day. If anyone wants to try again tomorrow
the rock where the bird was seen is located at

29.70638 - 94.976275

There is also a narrow rock jetty to the SE that might be alternative place to
check by scope.

John Berner
West Houston/Katy