[texbirds] Harris Co. Longenbaugh Ferruginous Hawk persists

  • From: Berner Family <jcazberner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 09:20:34 -0800 (PST)

Texbirders:

Ferruginous Hawk was on its usual perch against the sky for 15 minutes around
10AM about 0.1 miles north of cellphone tower along N-S treeline on Longenbaugh
(visible by scope from 50 yds east  of tower). This is now 5 days from when we
originally had it in the same area so hopefully it will persist for the CBC &
winter. Bird flew up and circled slowly in the field to the East.

Also Bewck's Wren continues in bushes at this same spot (n.side of street 50
yds east of tower).

Finally, 4 birders (not me) had the ladder-backed woodpecker at 7:15 this
morning at and just west of tower on Longenbaugh.

Woodpecker has been seen/heard as early as 6:55AM to as late as 1:30PM (but not
between 7:45 and 10:10 as far as I know)
John Berner
W. Houston/Katy