[texbirds] Hargill Collared Plover

  • From: HARRY FORBES <hforbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 23:27:19 -0700

On Thursday PM, a group of us including a Canadian (John), a Californian
(Monte), a couple of Houstonians (Paul Sellin and his wife, 3 Austonians (Jane,
Ethel and the esteemed Eric Carpenter) and a Hillbilly originally from
Tennessee (yours truly), put the Collared Plover to bed after 8 PM.  He showed
well from approximately 7:30 until bedtime on the near shore of the Playa.  I'm
almost certain those looking will see him tomorrow AM.
I am pleased to report that perfect birding etiquette was practiced by
all....we all parked on the paved road, we all helped each other on the bird
and nary a cross word was spoken by anybody.  We all wound up ecstatically
happy.

Kudos to Dan Jones for the great find, Mary Gustafson and others for keeping
everybody up to date, and John, who was first on bird this PM.  As gratitude, I
told him I'd learn the Canadian National Anthem and sing it for him next time
we met.

And for now, to all a good night.

Harry Forbes (San Antonio and Port Alto)