[texbirds] Ground Hours During Coastal Expo Event

  • From: "Monica Barrera" <mbarrera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 13:31:40 -0600

Dear Texbirders,

We have a very hectic week ahead of us here at the Edinburg World Birding
Center. We are going to be hosting our annual RGV Coastal Expo event this
Thursday and Friday Feb. 13th-14th from 9am-2pm on both days and we'll be
setting up for that all week at the Municipal Park which neighbors the EWBC.
The two Tropical Parula are continuing here in the park and we know this is
a bird of interest for a lot of visiting birders, so we are reaching out to
the birding community to let them know that things are going to be a bit
busy around here.

Regular hours (7am-6pm) will continue through the week but on the days of
the event (Thursday & Friday) the grounds will close at 5pm. The event will
be centered at the Municipal Park, so the birding center grounds shouldn't
be too crowded during the event and will be accessible free of admission,
but the park building will be closed. Parking and traffic will be a bit of
an issue on the days of the event, so we advise you to park at the Municipal
Park if you plant to visit on those days. The Park will also be closed this
Saturday, Feb. 15th and Sunday, Feb. 16th. Regular hours of operations will
resume on Monday the 17th.

Thank you very much and good birding to all!!

Monica Barrera

Interpretive Naturalist

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands & World Birding Center

 <http://www.cityofedinburg.com/> LOGO-Email Signature

Edinburg, Texas 78540

956.381.9922 O 956.381.0715 F

mbarrera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx