[texbirds] Grosbeaks ID at Hagerman NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 20:22:21 -0700 (PDT)

Last Saturday, 05-12-12, Dr. Wayne Meyer and I went in search of the Lazuli
Buntings that have been at the refuge
for the last couple of weeks.  We found them right away and then noticed
movement in some nearby trees and it was

the Grosbeaks that are in the photos in this attachment.  It is a group of
heavily cropped photos but hopefully they are
good enough that you can make a determination as to the specie.  One of the
shots is to demonstrate the color of the
wing linings on one of the birds as it flew away.  We feel that one is
definitely a Black-headed Grosbeak but don't know
about the other.  Any comments or input from Texbirders would be appreciated.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/17601271@N06/7200473850/

Jack Chiles
Volunteer
Hagerman NWR