[texbirds] Grey Hawk Coughing Up Pellet - Cottonwood Campground

  • From: Lee Hoy <leehoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 19:52:04 -0500

I spent the better part of a day at Cottonwood Campground in Big Bend and
the Grey Hawk was very active.  Spent a lot of time photographing it and got
a surprise.

Feeling the Urge:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leehoy/7451451242/in/photostream/

And Here it Comes:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leehoy/7451453138/in/photostream/

That Feels Better:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leehoy/7451454408/in/photostream/

Other notables at Cottonwood Campground included a Bell's Vireo Nest (which
the NPS almost cut down while trimming trees, I ran over and stopped them
from trimming more in the tree.  They apologized and when I asked them why
they were trimming at this time of year replied that is the only time they
could borrow the lift from Amistad.)  I found a Tropical Kingbird nest and
some Vermilion Flycatcher nests which were fledging at this time.

That is all for tonight, I have a lot of editing to do.

Lee Hoy
Georgetown, TX